The Senior Support Engineer position is a very challenging and demanding role. This position is a senior position within Deltapath and has a specific career path within our services organization (Position can lead to technical team lead, development, consulting & training experts, project and engagement manager, service manager etc).
You will be part of our world class support team working on tier 1 and 2 tickets coming via phone, web, and email from our partner’s and customer’s engineers, perform proactive monitoring of customer production sites and carry out schedule maintenance and upgrades. You will also be involved in onsite/remote professional and field services activities such as system planning, deployment and training. Occasionally, you will be expected to perform emergency support during non-office hours.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technology field.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in a customer focused position involving technical knowledge of a company’ s products and services.
- Proficiency in Cantonese, English and Mandarin is an absolute requirement.
- Knowledge in following areas is preferred:
- Operating system: Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS
- Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, QoS, Router, Firewall, POE switch
- Telephony: T1/E1 PRI, ISDN BRI, CO Trunks, FXS Stations, IP-PBX, IP Phones, VC equipment
- Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) and CCNA (voice) skill set
- Passionate and proactive, team player, no politics.
- Flexible and able to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
Who should apply:
If you have proven ability to work as a member of a small team with an aggressive schedule, are able to demonstrate good judgment with respect to the interest of the company, time management, customer satisfaction, and you possess the technical skills defined, we welcome your application. Please note that fluency in the English language, as well as excellent communications and interpersonal skills are essential to the success of the applicant.